Super Seal Spray Foam in New York is proud to offer open cell spray foam insulation. Just like closed cell spray foam insulation, open cell spray foam is applied on the job site. As it is sprayed, it increases in volume up to 100-120 times, providing a fully adhered, continuous, solid and airtight insulation layer. Even the most minuscule cracks are perfectly sealed. Due to the unique application process, the open cell foam fits all shapes, corners, and cavities perfectly.
Benefits of Open Cell Spray Foam Insulation
- insulation and perfect air seal in a single application
- high R-value of 3.7 per inch of application thickness
- seven times better air seal compared with traditional insulation
- elimination of unplanned air-borne moisture movement and related condensation
- energy savings of up to 50% compared to conventional insulation
Open cell spray foam can be applied in attics or crawl spaces where fiberglass or cellulose insulation was traditionally installed. By replacing exsisting insulation, home owners will experience greater comfort and improved energy efficiency, while avoiding the carcinogenic nature and mold susceptibility of traditional insulation.